Sunday, February 4, 2007

Congratulations Colts

So my Bears lost. I'm bummed but only for about a second since we're so occupied here that I have little time to mourn or celebrate anyway. It was a great game (great first half anyway) and I enjoyed a great party with DeAnna and friends here at the studio. I do have to post a quick note about how classy I think Tony Dungy is (and I know Lovie Smith would be the same way) based on his post-game comments. Everyone from Coca-Cola to Tostitos to Jim Nance of CBS was trying to get him to push the 'first black coach to win the Superbowl' angle as if we just let him win because we are now racially enlightened and as if it had nothing to do with all of his own personal hard work and committment, but Tony gave credit where credit was due saying:

"But again, more than anything I've said it before, Lovie Smith and I not only the first two African-Americans, but Christian coaches showing you can win doing it the Lord's way, we're more proud of that.

It takes class and guts to witness like that in front of 150 million people. Well done Tony.


You can read more about Tony at www.thegoal.com



I'll show some more Image Factory work here on the blog soon!

-Tim

No comments: