Friday, February 2, 2007

Go Lopers!

I saw a herd of antelope along the side of US Highway 24 the other day -- the snow had covered the fields so much that they were grazing in the dip next to the road where they could still find some grass. I was one of about six drivers that pulled over to enjoy the site but it wasn't long before they got spooked and ran off. I like the action in this shot.

I call them 'lopers' because that's the mascot nickname for my alma mater - the University of Nebraska at Kearney. Pretty appropriate too since as I recall that's about how our football team performed during my years there -- running scared ;)

Anyway, I'm not a landscape or wildlife photographer, this was just something cool for me. We just wrapped 3 days of heavy shooting for a coroporate event but had the chance to do some fun, creative things that are much more up my alley and I'll post them here as I get through the 10,000 plus images we made!

-Tim

antelope-postcard-web

No comments: