Wednesday, February 28, 2007

This is the brand of memory cards we use!

I just read this funny story about a newspaper photographer in Missouri who set up his camera a little too close to a bridge that was being blown up and the debris shredded his camera--blasting it to bits! The interesting part of the story is that his camera memory card survived and had some great photographs to show for it!

Invariably folks will ask me if I'm shooting digital and whether I think it's better, etc. This sure is one advantage over film...a film camera never would have survived to show pictures from a wreck like this! I'll admit that after some vacation pictures, I've even left one of my cards in my jeans pocket and it went through the washer and the dryer and survived to show the pictures just fine! We use the high-end professional version of SanDisk Extreme memory cards that are sealed against extreme temperatures, moisture and vibration so they should be able to take quite a bit of punishment but we normally take pretty good care of them...keeping them in cushioned storage cases when we've filled them up.

In any case, I thought the story was pretty interesting and evidence that your pictures are always safe here!

-Tim



No comments: