Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Hey Google - where are my blog pictures?


Hahaha.... well, I guess this is the price I pay for counting on Google to host all the pictures in our blog for free -- everything disappeared tonight thought I'm sure it will be back at some point.

HAVE NO FEAR -- this has ZERO impact on client pictures or your online galleries! It's only the free blogging service we use that is having this issue. All our online galleries and web sites are securely hosted by the super-reliable (and not so inexpensive!) Westhost.com web servers and all our client's pictures are triple-backed up on our high end server and on gold archival discs in our safe! Just to prove the point, I'm hosting the picture for this blog post from our server so it will be the only one on the blog until they get things fixed. Maybe from now on I'll just host all the blog pictures myself.

-Tim


PS - Hey if anyone knows how to get my 'Blogger' blog hosted on my own server instead of Google, I'd like to do that too -- please drop me a line. So far the only way I can figure it out is to make it replace my entire site, which obviously won't do!


UPDATE - they're back! Yay Google!

No comments: