Monday, April 9, 2007

Snowy Easter

A typical spring day in Colorado is 60 & sunny but there are enough non-typical days in April to make it the second snowiest month of the year. We knew that snow would be a possibility going into this wedding and boy did we get it! As you can see though, it made for an absolutely gorgeous day and an unmistakably Colorado wedding.


The Sunday snow brought some beautiful Colorado scenery so I was really thankful that the wedding was up in the mountains where the beauty of a spring snow could be enjoyed.


The wedding was at the Black Bear Inn along Pike's Peak Highway - a cozy little bed & breakfast with some beautiful scenery & views.




The flowergirl & ringbearer were so excited that they couldn't wait to walk down the aisle.


The bride was stunning of course. The overcast day made for some gorgeous window light that we had to take advantage of.


And the bride was sooo brave to step out into the snow for some pictures! I love the red steps coming down from the lodge.


What's prettier than a bride in the snow?

We probably got almost 2 inches in just a short time that we were there and I had to brush off my whole car with my sleeves! That'll teach me not to leave my scraper home in April...


-Tim

No comments: