Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Tribute to our troops...


Today is a great day to reflect on the men and women of the US armed forces and the sacrifice they're making to keep our country safe. I thought it would be an opportune time to post a link to this great slide show of a military homecoming in Kearney, Nebraska. The photos and slide show were donated by several photographers in that community.

I need to make 2 things very clear here:

1) these are NOT my photos -- my great friend Todd who owns his own studio also named Image Factory Photography in Kearney, Nebraska organized the photography and created the slide show.
2) I'm really behind in posting this -- the event took place August 10 and I regret not posting the link sooner...this is really great stuff and an example of how I hope all our troops are being welcomed when they return. (Anyone in Colorado Springs know of the next Ft. Carson homecoming and want to make this happen here?)

With that said...click here, read the background and enjoy the slide show. The web site is getting absolutely hammered because of all the publicity so be patient if it takes a minute to load.

-Tim

No comments: