Monday, February 19, 2007

Pothole season

All the snow and ice has been brutal to the streets around here, creating scores of nasty potholes. Last week DeAnna ran over a BIG pothole and hit it so hard it bent her rim and flattened her tire! Before I could even get mad or give lectures on my superior driving technique, the same thing happened to me! Last Friday night as we were heading up through Denver on the way to the mountains for a nice relaxing weekend of skiing, we found some of the biggest potholes Denver had to offer and I bent my rim even worse. The fun part was not knowing the tire was going flat until about 65mph on the freeway!

As I changed the flat tire on the side of the interstate, I stupidly shut the engine off but left the lights on, hazards blinking, interior lights on and the radio playing. By the time I unpacked the trunk, changed the tire and repacked the trunk, I had a dead battery. Thanks to all my 2006 travels, I had a hotel night we were able to cash in at the Hyatt and a rental car we were able to pick up at Hertz the next day.

The good side of all this is that instead of paying the $120+ that the tire store quoted for bent rim repair, we found C&P Hubcap of Colorado Springs -- a little shop down on Colorado Avenue that specializes in this sort of repair and the bill was only $35. So when you ding your rim in the next pothole, be sure to give them a call!



Anyway, the ski weekend workred out great and I got to try snowboarding with Abby! I'm a pretty good skier but snowboarding is entirely different so I spent most of the time falling down and I'm quite sore now! If someone doesn't pick up the phone when you call the studio this week, just visualize me trying to get out of the chair and limp over to the phone..hahaha.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HAHA!
If you had a Chevy that wouldn't happen. ;P