Thursday, February 22, 2007

Camera Obscura



I'm getting ready to do a presentation at my daughter's school about photography and since they're learning Latin, I wanted to talk about where the name 'camera' comes from. It's from the Latin word 'camera obscura' which means 'dark chamber' -- you see, the very first cameras were boxes with pinhole lenses that would project an image on the opposite wall. Artists had to trace the image if they wanted to keep it!

Anyway, as I researched this, I found some photgraphs of what this looks like and I thought it was really cool. You can read and see more at http://www.themorningnews.org/archives/stories/camera_obscura.php


I've got some portrait sessions coming up this weekend that I"ll show off soon, plus I just finished up some terrific senior pictures but I don't want to post them on the blog until the senior sees them so hang on....I'll post some fresh work here very soon!

-Tim

No comments: