Monday, March 17, 2008

last day in Vegas

It's my last day in Las Vegas. WPPI is really just getting cranked up -- it started mid-last week and goes through the end of this week. As predicted, my brain is full....very full. 4 days of intense learning, networking, trade show shopping and just generally being away from home have convinced me that the length of my trip was just right. Here are some highlights from today:

sunrise.jpg

Sunrise over the strip as I head in.


d3.jpg

Time for the trade show -- here is my favorite toy on display - the Nikon D3. Normally $5000, today I can buy it for only $4974...a whoppping $26 savings!


denis.jpg

In case you're more of a Canon person, you can watch the master Denis Reggie at the Canon booth.

grant.jpg

Denver photographer Grant Oakes showing off his new web site company, Tafota.


eiffel.jpg

The Eiffel Tower at the Paris hotel.


bschool.jpg

California photographer Becker came out to visit and show of some portrait techniques.

b.jpg

verticalgrip.jpg

Even though Canon spent $287 million developing the finely crafted vertical grip in the EOS 1D Mk III, Becker eschews it and demonstrates his patented grip technique. ;)

flatstanley.jpg

Becker's a little confused about Flat Stanley but some 1st grader has got a great photo for their project now!


btongues.jpg

Becker demonstrates his self-portrait style. I demonstrate that I can stick my tongue out too ;)



Ok...heading home now!

We have some cute kids sessions this week so baby and kids photos coming soon!



No comments: